Board Meeting Minutes


Board Meeting - January 19, 2016

posted Feb 24, 2016, 6:48 PM by Oak Meadow Administration   [ updated Feb 24, 2016, 6:49 PM ]

Members in attendance included: Erika O’Donohoe (President), Elisa Romanowich (Vice President), Laura Webster (Architecture), Holly Hein (Events), Tony Koberstein (Treasurer), and Trina Johnson (communications).

New Business

Review of Previous Events and Plans for 2016
Reviewed Annual Meeting at the Great Dane. Event went well but will look for a venue that allows for more socializing. Will potentially investigate Promega or Hospice.

For 2016, will plan to stay with the Progressive Dinner and Movie in the Park. Progressive Dinner later in spring/early summer. Holly to solicit dates and hosts. Movie night planned for September 10.

Mailboxes
Board reviewed process for new mailboxes. To get a new mailbox, the new homeowner should send an email to ups@printups.net or to print@printups.net. Indicate it is for Oak Meadow and note the street name and number. They will be asked to pay in advance with a credit card and to pick up the mailbox at the store when it comes in. The Board isn't entirely sure on cost - potentially around $170. Phil Sveum can arrange to have a new post sent. Cost is $65. He can be reached at psveum@cbsuccess.com or 608-288-3339.

Board reviewed updating the design for the mailboxes and polling the neighborhood for interest. Jill's team could potentially help with a design.


Architecture Update
Currently one empty lot on Pennwall and Sawtooth.

All Board members will participate in the Architecture Review Committee.
 
Neighborhood Communication Strategy
Board reviewed current neighborhood communication methods. Many members of the neighborhood are not on Facebook. The Board will poll neighborhood on preferred method for updates. Tony is currently collecting email addresses with neighborhood dues.

Next Board Meeting
April 12, 8:00 pm

Meeting adjourned. Minutes taken by Laura Webster

Annual Board Meeting - October 13, 2015

posted Oct 30, 2015, 7:41 PM by Oak Meadow Administration   [ updated Oct 30, 2015, 7:46 PM ]

The annual Oak Meadow Neighborhood Association meeting was held at the Great Dane in Fitchburg with platted hors ‘d oeuvres provided by the association. There were 66 guests who had RSVP’d for the meeting; Board members in attendance included: Erika O’Donohoe (president), Elisa Romanowich (vice president), Sachin Tuli (membership), Jodie Johnson (events), Casey Poole (treasurer), and Nicole Otterson (communications).

Erika brought the meeting to order.

New Business

City of Fitchburg Updates
Jake Johnson, Alder District 4, spoke briefly before attending a Common Council meeting (http://www.fitchburgwi.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/1371?fileID=23808).

Winter parking restrictions begin after a snow or ice event (for vehicles parked on the street). Park on the even side of the street at night (between 7pm and 7am) and on the odd side of the street during the day (between 7am and 7pm).

Lacy Road planning work will be this next year and construction will begin in 2017 for Lacy from the Library, East to Syene Road. Bike lanes are in the current plan as well as speed control measures and a completed walking/biking path on the South side of the road (enabling families to safely get from our neighborhood to McGaw Park, Swan Creek, and Syene Road).

Jake is working with the Fitchburg Dog Park Advocates to get a dog park located in central Fitchburg. They are currently evaluating potential locations and desirable amenities.

Please contact Jake at Jake.Johnson@fitchburgwi.gov or 608-443-6117 for any information or to get involved.

Fitchburg Police Department
Officer Nick Clemens from the Fitchburg Police Department joined our meeting. He fielded questions, the majority being about crime prevention. Tips and resources (including Vacation Watch) can be found here: http://www.fitchburgwi.gov/906/Crime-Prevention-Tips-Resources

Board Member Transitions

Oak Meadow directors have three objectives:

1. Take actions that best benefit the neighborhood
2. Increase a sense of community
3. Fulfill Board responsibilities for the association

The Board positions that expired were recommended and unanimously approved. The Board for 2015-2016 includes:

• President – Erika O’Donohoe
• Vice President – Elisa Romanowich
• Communications Director – Trina Johnson; NEWLY ELECTED
• Neighborhood Events Director – Holly Hein; NEWLY ELECTED
• Neighborhood Membership Director – Sachin Tuli; RE-ELECTED
• Architectural Committee – Laura Webster
• Treasurer – Tony Koberstein; NEWLY ELECTED

Year in Review

Erika reviewed the 2015 Association activities (progressive cocktail party, garage sale, and movie in the park). She mentioned that any homeowner interested in coordinating other activities should bring them up with the Board.

Financials

The financials were reviewed.

Updates

Rain Gardens
Once we collectively decided on seeding versus plantings, Sachin worked in conjunction with the highly regarded Prairie Nursery (Westfield, WI) to plan the installation. The rain bed areas were treated with herbicide (several times) to try and knock out existing seeds in the soil. The beds were raked, seeds were broadcast and rolled in, and the beds were covered with loose straw. The freeze/thaw cycle of Fall/Winter/Spring will help work the seeds in. Keep in mind that most perennials grow their root systems the first two years so we will not likely see flowering next year—we’ll have to wait a few years for the show. As our new plants work on their root systems, other invasives/weeds will try to move in so the rain gardens will be mowed to a height of 4-5” the next two years to keep weeds from establishing and going to seed.

Fences
Adding fences within the neighborhood has been brought up several times; Jodie provided a history.

The Developer envisioned Oak Meadow to have front porches, walking paths, a park, and no fences for reasons of community and safety to create a neighborhood with positive interactions. It is the homeowners’ responsibility to read into the covenants and agree to them before moving into the neighborhood.

To change an item within the covenants, a formal survey must be conducted with 60% of the total lot owners agreeing on the change. Then, an attorney could be hired to review the deed restrictions, define what constitutes a fence, suggest a formal change to the covenant, get approval of that change, and then make formal changes to the covenants.

A few years ago, the HOA conducted a formal survey and discovered 23 of the then 50 homeowners were for fences. Because that was less than 60%, the board decided the covenant would not be changed.

Other
Erika closed the meeting by thanking everyone for coming. The meeting adjourned at 7:43 PM. Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

The PowerPoint shown at the meeting can be found in the Association Files within the HOA website (OM HOA Annual meeting 2015.pptx). If you would like to join our neighborhood’s closed Facebook group, please request to join at ‘Oak Meadow Home Owners Association’. All members can post information; posts are only visible to members.

Board Meeting - July 21, 2015

posted Jul 27, 2015, 9:03 PM by Oak Meadow Administration

The meeting was called to order at 8:25 PM. Members in attendance included: Erika O’Donohoe (president), Elisa Romanowich (vice president), Jodie Johnson (events), Casey Poole (treasurer), and Nicole Otterson (communications).

The Board reviewed and approved notes from the April 7 meeting.

New Business

Movie in the Park
Movie in the Park will be held on September 12. Although the Board suggested the movie ‘Big Hero 6’ at the last meeting, they discussed an alternate movie because Pack ‘N The Park (McKee Farms Park) is playing it. Jodie is going to find out if ‘The Sandlot’ is available; second choice is ‘Surf’s Up’.

Casey provided Jodie with the deposit for the inflatable movie screen from Fun Play Inflatables.

A Board member must meet before the Public Safety & Human Services Committee to finalize the sound permit by fielding questions. Jodie will attend this meeting on August 11 at 6:30 PM at City Hall.

Jodie tentatively has three food carts reserved: Delights, Slide, and Melted.

New Homeowners
The Board discussed the system for welcoming new neighbors to Oak Meadow. What is the system for updating the database? How are they informed about the website and/or Facebook group? The Board will field this question to Sachin.

Jodie will let Sachin know that the ‘New Neighbor Info’ PDF on the website is outdated.

Nicole mentioned that the annual Neighborhood Association meeting invitation mailed to neighbors via USPS (per the Bylaws) includes individualized information for each address, requesting if the information is correct.

Annual Meeting
Nicole will look into alternate free-of-charge venue locations (Liliana’s and/or The Great Dane), besides the Fitchburg Library, for the annual meeting, which will occur mid-October.

The Board discussed possible agenda items. Suggestions included updates from our Alderman Jake Johnson (Lacy Road reconstruction, dog park, etc.) and inviting Sargent Ned Hartwick, or another member of the Fitchburg Police Department, back again.

Possible replacements for expiring board terms (Communications Director, Neighborhood Events Director, Neighborhood Membership Director, and Treasurer) was also discussed. Annual association fees will be waived for Board members who attend at least three of the four required meetings. Election for these expiring board terms will occur at the annual Neighborhood Association meeting.

Once the date and location is finalized, Nicole will ask fellow neighbors via email and Facebook if they have any agenda items to add.

Financials
To prevent the Treasurer from being the only Board member to review the financials, the Vice President will begin to review them monthly as well.

Other
If you would like to join our neighborhood’s closed Facebook group, please request to join at ‘Oak Meadow Home Owners Association’. All members can post information; posts are only visible to members.

Meeting adjourned. Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

Board Meeting - April 7, 2015

posted Jun 19, 2015, 11:19 AM by Oak Meadow Administration

The meeting was called to order at 8:15 PM. Members in attendance included: Erika O’Donohoe (president), Elisa Romanowich (vice president), Sachin Tuli (membership), Laura Webster (architecture), and Nicole Otterson (communications).

The Board reviewed and approved notes from the January 13 meeting.

New Business

Landscape & Rain Garden Maintenance
Sachin Tuli, Neighborhood Membership Director (and unofficial Neighborhood Landscape Director) spoke about the neighborhood master plan requirements regarding the development and maintenance of our rain gardens. The developer dug the basins and last year the HOA inherited responsibility for the installation and maintenance of these common areas.

He mentioned we had two options:
  • Option 1: Rain Garden Seed Mix Entire Garden (maybe some plugs on border) - This approach minimizes future maintenance and provides a naturalized look. The Bruce Company would perform all work. Staked matting will need to be installed at time of seeding to prevent rain from washing seeds away--this is the most significant cost. Seed mix would include Zone 5 native grasses, sedges, and flowering plants. Once seeded, the gardens will be difficult to weed; whatever "takes" will dominate the basins. Approximate Cost = $1,200
  • Option 2: Plant Plugs in Both Gardens - If successful this approach will provide a formalized and manicured look. Assumption for cost is that plugs would be spaced at 1 foot per plug. This approach would require neighborhood volunteers to install the plugs in May 2015, and to commit to weeding the rain gardens in future years (likely a couple of times a year, requiring a few hundred person-hours per year). It will not be affordable to hire The Bruce Company or another firm to weed such large basins.  Approximate Cost = $600 (plus a commitment from neighborhood volunteers for annual sweat equity investments)
Nicole will send a voting survey via email to the neighbors asking for their input. The Board feels that Option 1 is the way to go as it’s less person-hours for the homeowners.

Upcoming Events
The Board discussed upcoming events:
  • The annual garage sale will be held on April 24 and 25, to coincide with Wildwood South and Byrnewood neighborhoods (a few homes may also participate on April 23). Nicole will post on Facebook asking those interested in being included in a list of participating households to provide their information.
  • The Progressive Cocktail Party will be held at 6:30pm on May 9. There will be two host houses (each house will receive $200 for food / beverages). It will be a bacon and beverage bash (there will also be a vegetarian option). Beverages will be provided this year by host houses. Guests to just show up. Jodie will create a Whoozin event and post it to Facebook.
  • Movie in the Park will be held on September 12. Jodie will ask neighbors to nominate food carts. The Board suggested the cart ‘Good Food’. Do any neighbors have personal connections to this or any other cart? The suggested movie will be ‘Big Hero 6’.
  • The Board talked about how to coordinate other events (such as a Spring Egg Hunt, an Independence Day Bike Parade, etc.). At the next Annual Neighborhood Meeting the Board will provide a sign-up sheet for volunteers. If there is enough interest, those volunteers will work with the Neighborhood Events Director to plan the event.
Financials
Financials were not discussed.

Other
The Board’s President received emails questioning if home rentals are permitted in the neighborhood. The Board was unable to find any permission against this. If there are concerns, please write a letter to the Homeowner or contact the Fitchburg Police Department at 608-270-4300.

The Board realized there is an email account directors@oakmeadowhomeowners.org that is still active and receiving occasional emails. Nicole will forward any emails received at this address to president@oakmeadowhomeowners.org.

If you would like to join our neighborhood’s closed Facebook group, please request to join at ‘Oak Meadow Home Owners Association’. All members can post information; posts are only visible to members.

The next Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 14. The Annual Neighborhood Meeting is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, October 13.

Meeting adjourned. Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

Board Meeting - January 13, 2015

posted Jan 26, 2015, 6:33 PM by Oak Meadow Administration

The meeting was called to order at 8:07 PM. Members in attendance included: Erika O’Donohoe (president), Elisa Romanowich (vice president), Jodie Johnson (neighborhood events), Laura Webster (architecture), Casey Poole (treasurer), and Nicole Otterson (communications).

The Board reviewed and approved notes from the October 8 meeting. The following items were discussed further:
  • Speeding
Jina Jonen (a neighbor who lives on Targhee) and Becky Baumbach (a neighbor who also lives on Targhee and Fitchburg Alder District 4) have been working on the speeding issues in our neighborhood. The Fitchburg Police have been on Targhee and Nutone to monitor any issues. Red “slow down” signs have been placed in yards as well. Next step is to have 50% of households in the affected areas sign a petition asking the City to take a look at traffic in our neighborhood.
  • Solicitor Permissions
Nicole looked into the process for solicitors requiring a permit. Per the City of Fitchburg Clerk Department, any solicitor that is selling an item or service is required to have both a Dane County permit and a door-to-door Fitchburg permit. They should have a physical permit in their possession to show, if requested. A permit is not required for solicitors providing information. Questions and/or solicitor reports should be directed to the Police Department at 608-270-4300.

New Business

The Board discussed upcoming events for 2015:
  • The Spring Egg Hunt was a success last year. This year’s event is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 4. If you’re interested in organizing or helping out, please email Jodie at events@oakmeadowhomeowners.org.
  • We have an inquiry into the Byrnewood and Wildwood South neighborhoods to find out when they will be holding their annual garage sales. Last year we partnered with them with sales being the last weekend of April. If you’re interested in getting involved (or have any questions), please email Nicole at communications@oakmeadowhomeowners.org.
  • The Progressive Cocktail Party has been very popular and will continue in early Spring and late Summer. The Spring date is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 2. If you’re interested in hosting (or have any questions), please email Jodie at events@oakmeadowhomeowners.org.
  • Movie in the Park has also been well received. This year’s event is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, September 12. 
A neighbor questioned if home rental is permitted in the neighborhood. The Board was unable to find any permission against this. If there are concerns, please write a letter to the Homeowner or contact the Fitchburg Police Department at 608-270-4300.

Financials were discussed. Invoices for annual dues have been mailed.

If you would like to join our neighborhood’s closed Facebook group, please request to join at ‘Oak Meadow Home Owners Association’. All members can post information; posts are only visible to members.

Future Board meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, April 7 and Tuesday, July 14. The Annual Neighborhood Meeting is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, October 13.

Meeting adjourned at 9:01 PM. Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

October 8, 2014 - Annual Meeting

posted Oct 24, 2014, 8:02 AM by Oak Meadow Administration   [ updated Oct 24, 2014, 8:18 AM ]

The annual Oak Meadow Neighborhood Association meeting was held at the Fitchburg Library with dinner catered by Liliana’s Restaurant; there were 72 guests who had RSVP’d for the meeting. President, Jesse Olson, brought the meeting to order at 6:30 PM. 

Year in Review

Jesse reviewed the 2014 Association activities (garage sale, Spring cleanup, egg hunt, progressive cocktail party, movie in the park, turf improvement, and annual meeting/dinner). 

Financial Report

The financials were reviewed. We are beginning to incur rain garden maintenance expenses. Our projected budget looks good; we should be good for years. 

Updates

Landscape & Rain Garden Maintenance
Sachin Tuli, Neighborhood Membership Director (and unofficial Neighborhood Landscape Director) spoke about the rain gardens. Per the master plan, there are two rain gardens in our neighborhood. One is at the end of Pennwall and one is along the path behind Clear Channel. Storm water is the reasoning. It was written that the Association would be responsible for their maintenance once the neighborhood development was substantially completed (we are at that point). In the past we’ve spent approximately $3,000 for landscaping with the assumption that we would incur an additional $3,500 in expenses for rain garden maintenance. Initially, those charges were with two businesses. We have since combined both the landscaping and rain garden maintenance with one company at a total cost of approximately $4,200 per year. 

The rain gardens will take a substantial number of years to grow. Currently, there are a few shrubs, birch trees, and a lot of weeds. In the near future we hope they will look similar to this: 


We will then add additional flowering plants in mass. Long-term we hope they will look similar to this: 


If you would like to get involved with the design (plant selection), please follow-up with Sachin (membership@oakmeadowhomeowners.org) so a committee can be organized. 

In addition, the medians at each entrance to our neighborhood have been updated with more attractive plantings.

Covenants and City Ordinances

Jesse reviewed the covenants and City ordinances that have been brought up over the past year (cleaning up after pets, refuse and recycling carts to be stored in garages, speed limit within neighborhood, homes should have an Oak Meadow mailbox). 

Traffic

Speeding
Jina (a neighbor who lives on Targhee) asked if we could get another speed bump on Targhee. Becky Baumbach (Fitchburg Alder District 4) mentioned she’d be happy to work with Jina. There is a process (form to complete, data collection, decision as to whether it’s an enforcement issue or not). Becky will determine what the process is and let us know. The process will move it forward for analysis. 

Respecting Right of Way at T-Intersections
T-Intersections needs some reinforcement. The car on the “top” of the T has the right of way. It’s something that people forget. The Association was not sure if enforcement could be done about that or not. 

Other Topics

Solicitor Permissions
Some neighborhoods require a permit to solicit. A neighbor asked if we could establish a formal process for requiring solicitors working in Oak Meadow to apply for a permit. 

Road Chip-Sealing
A neighbor asked what the background is behind the black roads that we now have. Becky Baumbach commented that the City Public Works Department has a chip-sealing schedule that is done every few years to preserve the roads. This was the year our neighborhood was scheduled for maintenance. 

HOA Board

The Oak Meadow directors have three objectives: 
  1. Take actions that best benefit the neighborhood
  2. Increase a sense of community
  3. Fulfill Board responsibilities for the Association 
The Board positions that expired were recommended and unanimously approved. The Board for 2014-2015 includes: 
  • President – Erika O’Donohoe; NEWLY ELECTED
  • Vice President – Elisa Romanowich; NEWLY ELECTED
  • Communications Director – Nicole Otterson
  • Neighborhood Events Director – Jodie Johnson
  • Neighborhood Membership Director – Sachin Tuli
  • Architectural Committee – Laura Webster; NEWLY ELECTED
  • Treasurer – Casey Poole 

Other Announcements

Jake Johnson announced that he could get neighbors registered to vote (he has been deputized by the City Clerk). Our voting location is at the Community Center. 

If you would like to join our neighborhood’s closed Facebook group, please request to join at ‘Oak Meadow Home Owners Association’. 

John (a neighbor who lives on Saw Tooth) invited Sergeant Ned Hartwick from the Fitchburg Police Department to join our meeting. Sergeant Ned supervises the 2nd shift officers (3pm-11pm). He spoke about the following: 
  • The Citizen's Academy educates the community about the role that the Police Department plays. Recruitment for the 2015 Academy will begin in May.
  • Question: How many officers does Fitchburg have? Answer: 4 officers and 1-2 supervisors per shift (there are a total of 48 officers). The City is split into three patrol areas (Oak Meadow is in the middle of the City). 
  • Speeding is one of the City’s concerns. Red yard signs asking folks to slow down are available at no cost from the Police Department. Speed bumps don’t tend to be effective. Permanent radar speed indicator signs tend to be the most effective. The Association could possibly purchase a radar speed indicator sign. Sergeant Ned added that a laser unit is more effective than radar and that ‘getting the word out is best’ (sidewalk chalk the street, etc.). He’d be happy to visit your home to ‘laser’ passing cars with you (contact him at edward.hartwick@fitchburgwi.gov if you’re interested). 
    • ‘Police Call Map’ (RAIDS Online crime mapping) is updated nightly. The location where an Officer is called for service is plotted on a map; you can see what the call was about (turn on the buffer). This is a nice tool to see what’s going on around you (click event to see what type of crime; you can also input a date range). 
    • Vacation Watchis a free service. The list is accessible only to Police Officers. When they have extra time they can stop by your home and make sure the door is locked, there aren’t any footprints around your home (in Winter), etc. They will contact you if there is any suspicious activity. 
    • Notify Me is a subscription to receive notifications from the City such as press releases, Citizen Watch, library updates, new agendas, etc. You can also receive notifications via text. 
Jesse closed the meeting by thanking everyone for coming. He added, the more active the Association and neighbors, the better the neighborhood gets. Homeowners were invited to continue to mingle at Liliana’s Restaurant post-meeting. 

The meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM. The PowerPoint shown at the meeting can be found in the Association Files within the HOA website (OM HOA Annual meeting 2014.pptx). Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

Board Meeting - August 27, 2014

posted Sep 5, 2014, 9:15 AM by Oak Meadow Administration   [ updated Sep 5, 2014, 9:39 AM ]

The meeting was called to order at 7:04 PM. Members in attendance included: Jesse Olson (president), Jodie Johnson (neighborhood events), Casey Poole (treasurer), and Nicole Otterson (communications).

The Board reviewed and approved notes from the June 26 meeting.

  • The cost to add tennis courts to the park exceeds our available funds.
  • The Oak Meadow database will be updated after the annual Neighborhood Association meeting invitation is mailed and input is received from neighbors.

New Business

Casey has been receiving monthly bills from The Bruce Company, our neighborhood landscaper. Casey will touch base with Sachin to verify they are in line with the 2014 estimate we received earlier in the year.

A neighbor questioned the large dirt mound, rocks, and pallets that sit on the empty lot on the corner of Pennwall and Saw Tooth. Casey will contact Ellefson Builders (the owner of the lot) to request that it be leveled and cleaned up prior to Winter.

The annual Neighborhood Association meeting invitation must be mailed to neighbors via USPS per the Bylaws. Nicole will take care of this mailing. In addition, she will inquire with each address if the information we have in the Oak Meadow database is correct. An email opt-in will also be requested.

Movie In The Park was discussed. The sound permit has been approved and three food carts are lined-up. Jodie distributed flyers to each neighbor. Nicole will send an email reminder that RSVPs are due on September 6. The Community Center has been reserved in case of rain.

The Board discussed possible replacements for expiring board terms (President, Vice President, and Architectural Committee). Annual association fees will be waived for Board members who attend at least three of the four required meetings. Election for these expiring board terms will occur at the annual Neighborhood Association meeting.

The next meeting (annual Neighborhood Association meeting) is scheduled for Wednesday, October 8 from 6:00-8:00 PM at the Library. Nicole will coordinate catering with Liliana’s. Agenda will include overview of 2014 activities, planned events for 2015, review of financials, Oak Meadow Covenants and City Ordinance reminders (see April 9 minutes) and election of expiring board terms (President, Vice President, and Architectural Committee).

Meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM. Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

Board Meeting - June 26, 2014

posted Jul 18, 2014, 8:22 PM by Oak Meadow Administration   [ updated Sep 5, 2014, 9:42 AM ]

The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM. Members in attendance included: Jesse Olson (president), Leigh Mills (vice president), Dan Donovan (architecture), and Nicole Otterson (communications).

The Board reviewed and approved notes from the April 9 meeting.

New Business

Landscaping
  • The Bruce Company was chosen to be our neighborhood landscaper.
  • The City was going to work on the Park Turf Restoration. Since park maintenance is the City’s responsibility, we are not financially responsible.
Dan is going to research details and cost of possibly adding tennis courts to the park.

A handout was created for new neighbors, which has been added to the website and Facebook group. The attending Board members weren’t sure how to find out when new neighbors joined our neighborhood; they will ask Sachin at the next meeting.

Nicole will work with Jodie to update the Oak Meadow database, with neighbor input.

Discussions occurred regarding past events:
  • The Neighborhood Garage Sale went well. We will plan to hold it again next year, partnering with Byrnewood and Wildwood South neighborhoods.
  • The Spring Egg Hunt was a success. There were a few minor items that can be tweaked for next year. If you have any input for the coordinators, please contact Jodie at events@oakmeadowhomeowners.org.
  • The Spring Clean-Up went well; the volunteers did a great job.
  • The Progressive Cocktail Party was very nice. All agreed that it was a wonderful way to meet our neighbors.
  • The 4th of July Bike Parade did not occur. Possibly next year?
Movie In The Park was discussed in length:
  • It will be held on September 13. Food carts are being lined up, to arrive around 5:30 PM. The movie will begin at sundown (around 7:00 PM).
  • The Board discussed which movie would be viewed. The top choice was ‘The Lego Movie’ (with alternatives being ‘Monster’s University’, ‘Despicable Me’, ‘Ratatoulli’, ‘Bolt’, or ‘Wreck It Ralph’). There would be minimal cost to add a second movie viewing. The Board thought a retro movie might be fun, such as ‘Back To The Future’.
  • We can tap into Sachin and Jodie’s electrical (they will receive a reduction on their neighborhood annual dues for this service).
  • Neighbors will be encouraged to bring guests. The adjacent condos and Capitol Heights neighborhood will also be invited.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 27 at 7:00 PM at the Community Center. Agenda will include finalizing Movie In The Park and finding replacements for expiring Board terms (President, Vice President, and Architectural Committee). Current Board members will work on recruiting possible new members between now and the next meeting.

The annual Neighborhood Association meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 8 from 6:00-8:00 PM at the Library. Nicole will coordinate catering with Liliana’s. Agenda will include Oak Meadow Covenants and City Ordinance reminders (see April 9 minutes). Dan will determine which homes (if any) still need an Oak Meadow mailbox. Jesse received a complaint about noncompliance (trailer in yard) and will write a letter to that homeowner.

Meeting adjourned at 7:52 PM. Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

Board Meeting - April 9, 2014

posted Apr 20, 2014, 9:17 PM by Oak Meadow Administration   [ updated Sep 5, 2014, 9:37 AM ]

The meeting was called to order at 7:11 PM. Members in attendance included: Jesse Olson (president), Nicole Otterson (communications), Jodie Johnson (events), Sachin Tuli (membership), and Casey Poole (treasurer). 

The Board reviewed and approved notes from the Fall annual meeting.

New Business

Casey reviewed the financials. Key discussion items included:
  • Park Turf Restoration. In 2013, we split the cost with the City because the park was aerated and seeded per our request. The group discussed this year’s status. Since park maintenance is the City’s responsibility, Sachin said that the City should be responsible this year. We’ll watch to see if fertilization needs to be done again in the future.
  • Landscaping
    • Olson Toon Landscaping is our current neighborhood landscaper. We received an estimate for the 2014 season. Sachin will request an itemized estimate on planting more of a variety of colorful plants in the median entrance on Oak Knoll and Nobel. He will also ask for an estimate to provide plantings in the ‘triangle area’ on the path near Capital Heights.
    • Sachin will request a competitive bid from Nicholson Custom Works to compare.
  • Rain Garden Maintenance
    • We received an estimate from Nicholson Custom Works for the 2014 rain garden maintenance. Sachin will request specifics on what is included in the maintenance.
    • Sachin will request a competitive bid from Olson Toon to compare.
    • Nicole received an email from a fellow neighbor wanting to thin out native WI plants from their personal rain garden; she will forward to Sachin to respond.
The Board discussed welcoming new neighbors to Oak Meadow. Sachin will stop by to introduce himself and to give them a handout with links to the website and Facebook group. He’ll also ask for their email address so they can be added to the Oak Meadow database. If you’re new to the neighborhood and haven’t received this welcome, please contact Sachin at membership@oakmeadowhomeowners.org

Nicole will work with Jodie to update the Oak Meadow database, with neighbor input.

Discussions occurred regarding upcoming events for the year:
  • Neighborhood Garage Sale. Nicole will send another email about the sale, which will occur April 24-26.
  • Spring Egg Hunt. RSVP’s are due on Friday for the Spring egg hunt. Nicole will send an email reminder.
  • Spring Clean-Up. Volunteers have committed to the clean-up (to remove invasive plants and trees). They’ll get together when the weather warms up. An email will be sent when the date is firmed up. If the estimate from Olson Toon (for planting more of a variety of colorful plants in the median entrance on Oak Knoll and Nobel and in the ‘triangle area’ on the path near Capital Heights) is too high, Sachin will ask volunteers if they would be interested in planting as well.
  • Progressive Cocktail Party. The third annual progressive cocktail party has received the needed host volunteers. They will work together to pick a date and time and will let Jodie know. 
  • 4th of July Bike Parade. The neighbor volunteers who are organizing the Spring egg hunt would also like to organize a 4th of July bike parade. Jodie will coordinate. 
  • Movie In The Park. Jodie will line up food carts and gather a movie list. Tentative date is September 13.
If you’re interested in organizing your own party and want to invite fellow neighbors, please contact Jodie at events@oakmeadowhomeowners.org – she can send an email on your behalf.

Discussions occurred regarding reminders for neighbors:
  • Neighbors are reminded to clean up after their pets on sidewalks, walking paths, and yards (per City Ordinance 56-75) and to not have pets loose in the park (per City Ordinance 56-74.7). Pet Info FAQ
  • Neighbors are reminded that refuse and recycling carts cannot be stored in the front yard or side yard setback (per City Ordinance 70-92). 
  • Neighbors are reminded that the speed limit within Oak Meadow is 25 miles per hour (per City Ordinance 68-183). Nicole will contact the City to request enforcement on speeding within the neighborhood. 
  • All houses should have an Oak Meadow mailbox (per Covenant 4.08). The Board will take note of noncompliant boxes at the next flyer distribution.
If you’re aware of a neighbor that is noncompliant with a City Ordinance or the Oak Meadow Covenants, please speak with the neighbor or contact a member of the Board.

The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, June 5 at 7:00 PM. Agenda will include accepting landscaping and rain garden contracts, 4th of July Bike Parade, Movie in the Park, and planning for the Fall Annual Meeting (date – most likely October vs November to accommodate ‘snowbird’ neighbors – and location TBD).

Meeting adjourned at 8:09 PM. Minutes taken by Nicole Otterson.

November 13, 2013 - Annual Meeting

posted Feb 17, 2014, 9:00 PM by Oak Meadow Administration   [ updated Sep 5, 2014, 9:36 AM ]

The annual Oak Meadow Neighborhood Association meeting was held at the Fitchburg Library with dinner catered by Liliana’s Restaurant; there were 70 guests who had RSVP’d for the meeting. President, Jesse Olsen, brought the meeting to order at 6:50 PM. 

Jesse overviewed 2013 activities initiated by the HOA including: 
  • a neighborhood Garage Sale 
  • a progressive Cocktail Party 
  • Movie in the Park 
  • Oak Meadow Park Turf Restoration
Treasurer, Bob Gleisner, reviewed the financials, which included a three-year one-time cost for rain garden installation and maintenance.

Jesse Olsen overviewed planned events for 2014, which included: 
  • a neighborhood Garage Sale 
  • a progressive Cocktail Party 
  • Movie in the Park 
  • a Spring Egg Hunt
Members were asked if anything else should be discussed. Homeowner and City of Fitchburg Park Commissioner, Jake Johnson, was interested in starting up an invasive weed initiative in the Spring. Multiple homeowners had an interest. HOA encouraged Jake to lead an initiative and ask HOA to send out communications on it. A homeowner mentioned a need for stop signs at "T" shaped intersections. HOA said the neighborhood was designed not to have these, but homeowners are encouraged to pursue activities to get this changed. A homeowner asked about fences. Jesse Olsen mentioned that fences are not allowed in Oak Meadow unless you have a swimming pool. We've surveyed homeowners in the recent past to see if there was interest in changing this rule. The majority of homeowners voted to keep the rule as-is.

The 2014 HOA Board Members were recommended and unanimously approved:
  • Jesse Olson, President
  • Leigh Mills, Vice President 
  • Nicole Otterson, Communications Director 
  • Jodie Johnson, Neighborhood Events Director 
  • Sachin Tuli, Neighborhood Membership Director 
  • Dan Donovan, Architectural Committee 
  • Casey Poole, Treasurer
Homeowners were invited to continue to mingle at Liliana's Restaurant post-meeting.

Meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM. Minutes taken by Jodie Johnson.

1-10 of 28