October 9, 2013 Board Meeting

posted Oct 9, 2013, 5:55 PM by Oak Meadow Communications   [ updated Oct 18, 2013, 9:30 AM ]

The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm. Members in attendance included: Jesse Olson, John Hein, Toya Johnson, Jodie Johnson, Bob Gleisner. Invited guests included: Sachin Tuli and Nicole Otterson.

  • Board President, Jesse, reviewed the prior meeting notes.
    • The Board reviewed 2013 events and noted 2014 plans.
      • Progressive Party – The group liked this event and felt we should do it again in the Spring.
      • Garage Sale – The group liked this event. Guest, and proposed 2014 board member, Nicole Otterson, said she’d do it again.
      • Spring Cleanup Event – This didn’t happen in 2013, but we agreed we should put up a sign-up sheet for it at the annual meeting.
      • Spring Egg Hunt – A neighbor on Oak Knoll volunteered to lead this, Jodie will connect with this neighbor on the details.
      • Movie in the Park – The group liked this event and we’d like to do it again.
      • Annual Meeting – We are required to do this each year and notices must be mailed out via US Post Office. 
    • The rain garden is going in this Fall. Phil Sveum is getting Bob the estimate. 
    • Treasurer, Bob is looking into DOA insurance but estimates it $450.
    • Jesse moved that we approve the minutes from the last meeting. John seconded it.
  • We moved on to new business which included:
    • We’d like to have name tags at the annual meeting, possibly featuring photos of each guests' house. Jodie will look into this.
    • Jodie sent a draft of the annual meeting Power Point to Jesse. He’ll make edits and get it to the board to approve before the annual meeting. 
    • Jodie drafted the annual meeting notice, will send it to the neighborhood email list, update the neighborhood website, and get a copy to Bob to mail with the annual dues.
    • The group discussed starting an opt-in neighborhood directory. Guest, and proposed 2014 Board Member Sachin Tuli will look into this.
    • It was noted that some neighbors would like the meeting minutes emailed to them, while others want to minimize the emails. We decided to alert neighbors that they can sign-up for updates on that type of thing on the website.
    • It was noted that the oakmeadowhomeowners.org emails may not be working. Jodie is to send a test message to board members and help troubleshoot the problem.
    • Sachin talked about his discussions with the City to aerate and seed the park in the Fall and apply corn gluten in the Spring.
    • Capitol Heights has asked to attend our social events. The board decided we were ok if Capitol Heights attended our events, as long as they made a nominal donation to a charity of their choice.
    • Bob reviewed the financials. They are attached below.
    • Jodie volunteered to work on the logistics of food and beverages for the annual meeting.
  • We discussed and recommended 2014 Board Members:
    • Jesse Olson, President
    • Leigh Mills, Vice President
    • Nicole Otterson, Communications Director
    • Jodie Johnson, Neighborhood Events Director
    • Sachin Tuli, Neighborhood Membership Director
    • Dan Donovan, Architectural Committee
    • TBD, Treasurer (Bob has a lead on this and will report back)
  • Jesse moved to adjourn. Bob seconded it.
Ċ
Oak Meadow Communications,
Oct 9, 2013, 5:55 PM
Comments